Hello! I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Today I wanted to share some of our must have items for a newborn.
1) Boppy Pillow– I have used our pillow since day one. It is great if you plan to breast feed or if you choose to bottle feed. It wraps around your waist and provides support for feedings. You can also use it for tummy time and for support when baby is sitting up. Don’t forget a cover for it.
2) Receiving Blankets/ Swaddles– Swaddling babies helps them sleep longer at night. I also use them to cover the changing pad and to throw in the diaper bag for a lightweight blanket.
3) Baby wrap or carrier– I used a Solly baby wrap around the house and when we went out. It was nice having a hands-free option to hold baby and we both enjoyed the closeness. When he was a little bit older we shifted to a Tula carrier.
4) Baby Tracker App– When we first had our son we had a lot of trouble with feedings and it was always a concern if he was getting enough milk. For the first couple of months, I used an app called Baby Tracker. It allows you to keep track of their feedings time/ amount, wet/ dirty diapers and their sleep. If you are breast feeding it has an option to time how long they feed and on which side. You can also keep track of your pumped milk supply. Keeping track of his wet/ dirty diapers helped us know if he was getting enough milk.
5) Swing– Some babies like swings and others don’t. Ours loved his swing. It was nice having him do something he enjoyed while we got ready or got a quick chore done.
6) Pack and Play– Our pack and play was nice to have as a designated changing area for baby and as a bassinet for nap time. Instead of having him upstairs by himself, we kept a pack and play set up in our living room for the first few months.
7) Sound Machine– We use a sound machine at night to give a little background noise.
8) Nursing Tank Top– Nursing camisoles are a game changer if you plan on nursing. It’s discreet and convenient to unlatch the top and feed baby or to pump.
9) Nursing Cover– Nursing Cover- I have 2 Milk Snob nursing covers that have been so handy to have when nursing on the go. They are light-weight and my son never seemed to be bothered when we used them. The covers can also be used as a car seat cover and a shopping cart cover. Multi-use products are always a plus.
10) Breast pump– I mentioned earlier that we had trouble nursing when our son was first born. Not only did he have a tongue tie that made it hard to latch, but my supply was also low. The first couple of weeks I used a pump after each feeding to help boost my supply. I also used it twice a day when I went back to work.
What were you newborn must-have items?