Hello! Today I wanted to share what I keep in my toddler’s diaper bag. Since my son just turned 18 months I finally feel like we are in full toddler mode. I’ve been through a few diaper bags and this Twelvelittle Companion diaper backpack is by far my favorite. It is the perfect size to fit everything we need (and more) and has just enough pockets to keep everything nice and organized. Click here to see a full review of the diaper backpack.
I keep all of my son’s things in the main compartment of the backpack. The bag is deep and holds a lot, but also unzips about half way down so things are easy to find. The 4 pockets on this inside of the bag also help keep things organized.
- Diapers, wipes and Aquaphor- When Dawson was a baby, I carried a diaper clutch that had all of his diaper and wipes in it. Now that he is older I don’t carry the diaper clutch anymore because it’s so bulky. I rarely have to change his diaper in public, so I just tuck a couple of diapers and a small pack of wipes in one of the built in pockets in our diaper bag. The Aquaphor is a multi-use product and can be used for diaper rash or as a first aid ointment.
- Changing pad- I use the changing pad that came with the diaper bag because it folds up nice and compact. It fits perfectly in the “secret” pocket on the back of the diaper bag.
- Spare clothes- I haven’t needed to change Dawson’s clothes when we are out in a long time, but I know the second that I take them out I we are going to need them. I figure we will need them when we start potty training anyway. I make sure to keep a pair of socks too because he is always pulling them off in the car.
- Snack pouch- Having a cranky, hungry kid out in public is never fun, so I always make sure I have a few snacks packed. I like to carry a bib and a reusable placemat to use when we are at a restaurant. It is nice to keep the mess somewhat contained and to keep food off of the table.
- Water bottle for Dawson and one for me. The diaperbag has 2 decent sized insulated pockets on the sides.
- Blanket- Michigan winters are cold. Sometimes I will use a blanket to cover him up in the cold car or the once in a while when he takes a nap away from home.
- Disposable diaper bags- These are nice to use to throw away a dirty diaper when we are at someones house. They can also be used for any wet clothes after an accident.
- Toys- I bring a couple of small toys to keep him occupied whenever needed.
The diaper bag has 2 zippered pockets in the front of the bag that I use for my “mom essentials.”
- Hand sanitizer
- Small makeup bag- I keep lip balm, lipstick, bandaids and other small essentials
- Portable charger- I have a Mophie charger that I like to carry just in case my phone battery dies.
What are your diaper bag essentials for your toddler?