Today I’m excited to share what’s in my diaper bag with a newborn and toddler. Before I had my daughter, I did share a what’s in my toddler diaper bag post, but now that we have a newborn too, I needed to add some things to our bag. I still use the TWELVElittle Diaper backpack. If you would like to see a full review of this diaper bag, click here.
- Diapers and wipes- It is recommended that you bring one diaper for every hour that you plan to be gone.
- Change of clothes- We need our spare outfit more time than not, so this is something I always make sure to replace.
- Swaddle blanket- My daughter was born in December in Michigan, so I make sure to have a swaddle in case it is cold where we go. If you have your baby in the summer, this may be an item you can skip.
- Burp clothes
- Nursing cover- This is a preference item for me as I prefer to cover up when I nurse.
- Changing pad- Many diaper bags come with a changing pad. I leave mine in the bag just in case we need it.
Additional items you may want to include in your newborn diaper bag: Pacifier, formula/bottle, diaper cream
- Spare clothes
- Portable potty seat– This has been a life saver when we are out and have a potty emergency.
- Activity- I like to pack a quiet activity for my son to do when we are out and about or during a longer car ride. This normally includes stickers, crayons etc.)
- Snacks/water bottle- If we plan to be gone more than a couple hours I always make sure to pack a snack.
Diaper bag items for mom (or dad)
When I leave with the kids I usually only bring the diaper bag, not my purse. I throw all of my things in the little pocket in the front of the bag.
- Small cosmetic bag (chapstick, lipstick, hand sanitizer, Tylenol)
- Water bottle
What do you keep in your newborn or toddler diaper bag?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for Amazon.